Sunday, October 12, 2008

Preparing for baby

Andrew and I have been busy the last few months. Since we last blogged, I've been to California twice. Once to drop off the birds at a rehibilitation center in Long Beach, and another time to begin preperations for our new addition. Our little girl will be born in the next few weeks, and preparing for her arrival while stressful at times has been fun. Last month we went to California to my friend Lisa's wedding, and also so my amazing cousin Cindy could throw us an awesome baby shower. Belive me if she wasn't already an outstanding nurse, she could be an organized party planner and have her own business. The pictures will prove it. We were even able to use most of the decor for a beautiful second shower that my talented mother in law threw for us when we got home. In between the two showers my gifted father in law wallpapered the nursery in one night, and my husband (the love of my life, and precious pig) built our new daughter her crib. We want to take this time to thank all of the people who have been so generous in helping us get ready for our baby. Especially our parents on both sides. They have helped us turn our little run down house into a place we can call home. We love you and hope we can be as good of parents to our sweet Mary Jade, as you all were to us.




Hugs (Gemmers) is always happy to see Mommy and his new Daddy when we come home for a visit. Nelson even seems to like Andrew, but no one seems to love him more than Vel, or as he is now known by Andrew ROAST.



These are all the party decorations and food that Cindy got for us. Everyone loved it. I'm still surprised that I didn't see real storks wandering around Uncles house.

Saying goodbye for me is always the hardest part. I don't know why I didn't do more pictures with the rest of my family, and so now I'm kinda of bummed. Andrew tried on my maternity clothes to see if he could make himself feel just a bit of what I feel. Who wouldn't have to get a black mail picture of that. I love you honey!

After returning home it was time to begin decorating the nursery. Generously donated wallpaper from Uncle Brad was hung by my genius father in law. The pictures show a somewhat step by step process.















Next it was time to build the crib. An eight hour task with several parts and difficult to impossible to follow instructions. You more just need common sense sometimes. Which blessedly for me my sweet husband has. In addition he has the patience of Job. Didn't it turn out better than great though. It just needs a baby now.




After the crib was put together, we went the following day to our other baby shower. Much of our family and friends came a long distance to wish us well and shower our beautiful new baby to be with love and gifts. It's a good thing they did, or they would have missed the best food ever. My mother in law soon to be "GRAM" slaved in the kitchen for days before the party. It was such a beautiful day, and was also the first snow of our winter season. Yes, I know it's still fall. Do you think that the first snow on our day could be considered good luck? I do!







2 comments:

T&C said...

The crib and wallpaper came out beutiful!I can't wait to see you!Have the baby now kay, so when I come I can see all three of you, again it would very convienent for me ;)

Marilee said...

The crib is so pretty. And thank you bow, I picked it out. Big Sisters are so awesome. :)

I need to start a cross dressing picture album of Andrew. 1st with all of your bras and now the maternity dress.

I love the piture of Andrew and Vel. But why the picture of you and Cindy with me walking away.

I appreciate it but I don't need to be in your blog that bad. I know you love me. :)

I can't wait to meet Mary Jade.